Sunday, February 26, 2012

Curacao Shawl WIP

Hi Everyone!

I recently purchased Doris Chan's book, Amazing Crochet Lace and I am happy to say that I finished one of the patterns from the book today!
I used the pattern for the Blue Curacao shawl, and it was super fun!

I used Caron Simply Soft yarn to crochet the shawl--not because I really thought it would work well, but I wanted to try the pattern out with yarn I am not incredibly fond of before I got any nice yarn for this project. 

I have no idea if blocking will work at all with this yarn (I've never blocked anything before!) but I thought that the worst that could happen is I would have to wait for it to dry. 

Here is the shawl blocking:



Notice the pineapples?  I couldn't be happier with this book! 

I will let you all know how the blocking goes!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave me a comment- I love hearing from you!